OtondoMarket is Nigeria's number one exclusive online store for National Youth Service Corp (NYSC)
members established in November 2015 with the aim and vision to become the one-stop shop for corp members in Nigeria.
It aims to create a community for corp members to stay connected with implementation of best practices both online and offline.
OtondoMarket makes deliveries to all 36 states in Nigeria including the FCT.
OtondoMarket is committed to protect the privacy of individuals who visit the website and who make use of the on-line facilities.
The data controller of this website is OtondoMarket.
Information Collected and purpose
When you visit our website the following information will automatically be processed and this solely for the use of this association :
- The requested web page or download;
- Whether the request was successful or not;
- The date and time when you accessed the site;
- The Internet address of the web site or the domain name of the computer from which you accessed the site;
- The operating system of the machine running your web browser and the type and version of your web browser.
Cookies are small pieces of data that the site transfers to the user’s computer hard drive when the user visits the website. Our website uses only session cookies which are erased when the user closes the Web browser. The session cookie is stored in temporary memory and is not retained after the browser is closed. Session cookies do not collect information from the user’s computer. They will typically store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify personally identify the user.
Personal data provided by the data subject
When using this website’s online facilities, data subjects may be required to provide their personal data for the purposes of paying for good bought and for the purpose of using the website’s blog.
Your right as data Subject
As an individual you may exercise your right to access the data held about you by this company by submitting your request in writing to the data controller.
Although all reasonable efforts will be made to keep your information updated, you are kindly requested to inform us of any change referring to the personal data held by the association. In any case if you consider that certain information about you is inaccurate, you may request rectification of such data. You also have the right to request the blocking or erasure of data which has been which has been processed unlawfully.
Links to other sites
Transaction Security Policy
This site uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure secure transmission of your personal data. You should be able to see the padlock symbol in the status bar on the bottom right hand corner of the browser window. The URL address will also start with https:// depicting a secure webpage. SSL applies encryption between two points such as your PC and the connecting server. Any data transmitted during the session will be encrypted or scrambled and then decrypted or unscrambled at the receiving end. This will ascertain that data cannot be read during transmission.
Any comments or suggestions that you may have and which may contribute to a better quality of service will be welcome and greatly appreciated.
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to our online store!
OTONDOMARKET provide its services to you subject to the following conditions. If you visit or shop within this website, you accept these conditions. Please read them carefully.
Please review our Privacy Notice, which also governs your visit to our website, to understand our practices.
When you visit OTONDOMARKET or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips,digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of OTONDOMARKET or its content suppliers and protected by international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of OTONDOMARKET, with copyright authorship for this collection by OTONDOMARKET, and protected by international copyright laws.
OTONDOMARKET trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not OTONDOMARKET, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits OTONDOMARKET. All other trademarks not owned by OTONDOMARKET or its subsidiaries that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by OTONDOMARKET or its subsidiaries.
LICENSE AND SITE ACCESS
OTONDOMARKET grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of OTONDOMARKET. This license include any resale or commercial use of this site or its contents: does not include any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices: any derivative use of this site or its contents: any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant: or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of OTONDOMARKET. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of OTONDOMARKET and our associates without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing OTONDOMARKET's name or trademarks without the express written consent of OTONDOMARKET. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by OTONDOMARKET. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of OTONDOMARKET so long as the link does not portray OTONDOMARKET, its associates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any OTONDOMARKET logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT
If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and
password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all
activities that occur under your account or password.
If you are under 18, you may use our website only with involvement of a parent or guardian. OTONDOMARKET and its associates reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
REVIEWS, COMMENTS, EMAILS, AND OTHER CONTENT ON OTONDOMARKET BLOG
Visitors may post reviews, comments, and other content: and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening,
defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political
campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the
origin of a card or other content. OtondoMarket reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content. If you do post content or
submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant OtondoMarket and its associates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub licensable right to use, reproduce,
modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media.
You grant OTONDOMARKET and its associates and sublicenses the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post: that the content is accurate: that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity: and that you will indemnify OTONDOMARKET or its associates for all claims resulting from content you supply. OTONDOMARKET has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. OTONDOMARKET takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
RISK OF LOSS
All items purchased from OtondoMarket are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This basically means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
By visiting OTONDOMARKET, you agree that the laws of the state of Oyo State, Nigeria, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and OTONDOMARKET or its associates.
Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to OTONDOMARKET or to products you purchase through OTONDOMARKET shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in Oyo State, Nigeria, except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate OtondoMarket intellectual property rights, OtondoMarket may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the state of Oyo State, Nigeria, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts. The arbitrator’s award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under this Agreement shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this Agreement, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
SITE POLICIES, MODIFICATION, AND SEVERABILITY
Please review our other policies, such as our Shipping and Returns policy, posted on this site. These policies also govern your visit to OtondoMarket. We reserve the right to make changes to our site, policies, and these Conditions of Use at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
Standard Terms & Conditions for Sale of Goods
Definitions in this document the following words shall have the following meanings:
- "Buyer" means the organisation or person who buys Goods
- "Goods" means the articles to be supplied to the Buyer by the Seller;
- "Intellectual Property Rights" means all patents, registered and unregistered designs, copyright, trademarks, know-how and all other forms of intellectual property wherever in the world enforceable;
- "Seller" means OtondoMarket
- These Terms and Conditions shall apply to sales of Goods by the Seller to the Buyer to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions referred to, offered or relied on by the Buyer whether in negotiation or at any stage in the dealings between the parties, including any standard or printed terms tendered by the Buyer, unless the Buyer specifically states in writing, separately from such terms, that it wishes such terms to apply and this has been acknowledged by the Seller in writing.
- Any variation to these Terms and Conditions (including any special terms and conditions agreed between the parties) shall be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by the Seller.
- Price and Payment
- The price shall be the Recommended Retail Price less agreed discount, unless otherwise agreed in writing between the parties. The price is exclusive of VAT or any other applicable costs.
- Credit terms may be offered subject to satisfactory credit vetting of the Buyer by the Seller. The offer of credit will be at the sole discretion of the Seller.
- Where credit is offered payment of the price and VAT and any other applicable costs shall be due within 30 days of the date of the invoice supplied by the Seller, unless otherwise agreed in writing. In cases where credit is not offered payment will be required before release of goods by the Seller.
- If payment of the price or any part thereof is not made by the due date, the Seller shall be entitled to:
- require payment in advance of delivery in relation to any Goods not previously delivered;
- refuse to make delivery of any undelivered Goods without incurring any liability whatever to the Buyer for non-delivery or any delay in delivery;
Any description given or applied to the Goods is given by way of identification only and the use of such description shall not constitute a sale by description. For the avoidance of doubt, the Buyer hereby affirms that it does not in any way rely on any description when entering into the contract.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, delivery of the Goods shall take place at the address specified by the Buyer on, or as close as possible to the date required by the Buyer. The Buyer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery.
- If the Seller is unable to deliver the Goods because of actions or circumstances under the control of the Buyer, then the Seller shall be entitled to place the Goods in storage until such times as delivery may be effected and the Buyer shall be liable for any expense associated with such storage.
- Any damages, shortages, over deliveries and duplicated orders should be reported to the Seller within 7 days of signed receipt to enable replacement or refund.
Risk in the Goods shall pass to the Buyer upon receipt of the goods. Where the Buyer chooses to collect the Goods itself, risk will pass when the Goods are entrusted to it or set aside for its collection, whichever happens first.
Title in the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until the Seller has been paid in full for the Goods.
- Return of unused goods
- All goods are sold on a firm sale basis, i.e. the Seller will not take back any goods not required or sold by the Buyer, unless otherwise agreed, in which case the following terms apply.
- Any returns must be authorised by a representative of the Seller before any credit will be given.
- Where the Seller agrees to accept the return of goods that are not damaged the Buyer will be responsible for the cost of carriage and will ensure that they are carefully packaged to avoid any damage in transit. The Seller will not be obliged to accept any goods that are damaged in any way. The Seller will only accept returns that appear in the Sellers current Publication List.
- Credit of amounts due or paid in will only be given for goods that are in saleable condition.
- Limitation of Liability
- The Seller shall not be liable for any all loss or damage suffered by the Buyer in excess of the contract price.
- Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to limit or exclude the liability of the Seller for death or personal injury as a result of the Seller's negligence or that of its employees or agents.
- Intellectual Property Rights
All Intellectual Property Rights produced from or arising as a result of the performance of this Agreement shall, so far as not already vested, become the absolute property of the Seller, and the Buyer shall do all that is reasonably necessary to ensure that such rights vest in the Seller by the execution of appropriate instruments or the making of agreements with third parties.
- Force Majuere
The Seller shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, and the Seller shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations. If the delay persists for such time as the Seller considers unreasonable, it may, without liability on its part, terminate the contract.
- Relationship of Parties
Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as establishing or implying any partnership or joint venture between the parties and nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to construe either of the parties as the agent of the other.
- Assignment and sub-contracting
The contract between the Buyer and Seller for the sale of Goods shall not be assigned or transferred, nor the performance of any obligation sub-contracted, in either case by the Buyer, without the prior written consent of the Seller.
The failure by either party to enforce at any time or for any period any one or more of the Terms and Conditions herein shall not be a waiver of them or of the right at any time subsequently to enforce all Terms and Conditions of this Agreement.
If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these Terms and Conditions had been agreed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
- Governing and Jurisdiction
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Nigeria and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Nigerian courts.